What Role Does the Appraiser Play?
- Determines property value (How?)
The appraiser will collect information from sales of:
- New Construction
- Sale of established Properties
- (Compare subject property to sold properties)
- Sees to it that lender property requirements are met
- Addresses property condition and documents such with review of
property home inspection and personal inspection
- Determines if the property is code compliant
Criteria for legal bedroom:
- Separate entry
- Closet with door
- Window large enough to craw through (Bottom ledge 40-45 inches off floor)
Exterior siding not touching ground
- (VA wants 4-5 inches)
Ceiling heights (Normal 8′, Less than 6’6” is a problem)
Who pays for appraisal?
- Normally the seller pays and that money is collected and paid before appraisal is preformed.
Please use the form below for any questions you may have.